CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Trip to L&D..

Well I had to make my first(and hopefully only) trip to L&D for "false labor" ever. I never had to do this with Korey or with Karli.. So I had noticed early am on Friday morning that my contractions were starting to hurt more than the braxton hicks I have been having for weeks. They weren't painful enough that they were really hurting, more of just a nuisance. This continued all day. Around 1 o'clock they started coming closer together. They were ranging about every 5-10 minutes at this point, and lasting anywhere from 30 seconds to right at a minute. I timed them like this for a little over an hour, they began getting closer, every 3-5 minutes, so I decided to take a bath and see if they got worse or better. They got worse!! I called the Dr and she told me to lay down, drink some fluids, continue timing them for about 30 minutes and then call her back if they got worse. Well I did this and they did space out for a little while, but then they picked right back up at in a every 2-3 minute pattern. Still not really uncomfortable, but some hurting enough that I was having to breathe through them. I called the Dr back and was told to come on in. We loaded up the kids, dropped them off at my parents, and got to the hospital and hooked up to the monitors at 6:15. I was having contractions ranging every 5-7 minutes. So I wasn't wrong..LOL.. I do remember what a contraction feels like...The Dr on call came in and checked me. I was still only dilated to 1cm,thick and baby is high but plottable(just meaning the Dr could feel the head). She told me that they would watch my contractions and make a decision. My BP was elevated a little(hello I was having contractions) but not enough to worry about, urine had 0 protein...YAY..So after about an hour and a half, the nurse said she was going to call the Dr and see what she wanted to do. I was praying that I was going to get to go home and that this was false labor. See we are still in our 34th week, which means that we would be an automatic admit to NICU again, and I really don't want that this time. So the Dr calls back and says that I can go home..YAY... only if my contractions get any closer together or stronger again, then I need to come back in, otherwise just followup with Dr.B at my appt on Monday. So while it was a bad night in general, it was good because my baby is still cooking and hopefully we are going to avoid the NICU this time... I only have 1 more day before I am 35 weeks, and as long as little Reese acts like a big girl when she is finally born, I will get a take home baby this time.. My biggest prayer this whole pregnancy. A healthy, take home baby.. Please keep us in your prayers and I will keep you all posted.

1 comments:

Amy said...

I am glad that Reese didn't come after all. I was worried last night.