CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Renovation Beginnings



The two pictures to the left are the entryway from the frontdoor into the hallway and living room now after step one of the renovations have begun.
The photos below are the entryway before the renovation. Our railing was wrought iron and the slats were about 8 inches apart. Not safe for a baby who will soon be crawling!!! I decided that I wanted to build little halfwalls in place of the wrought iron railings. So what we decided would be the best way to do this was to build the walls around the railing, as the railing is screwed into the floor underneath the carpeting. While I was at work on Monday, my dad and my uncle came over and along with Randall and Korey they basically got everything built. We still have to add the railing to the top of the walls and of course then we have to sand them and paint them. I totally love the change. It really makes the living room look like a seperate room now. I couldn't stand the iron railing and how as soon as you walk into the house you could see halfway down the hallway and straight into the living room. Now with the new walls you have to actually get all the way up the stairs before you can see anything. We did decide to leave the railing that goes up the stairs. There is a wooden bannister that goes down the stairs. So I am happy with the first part of the renovations. I just dread having to sand and paint it...What do you all think? Does it look better? I sure do think so...



0 comments: