CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Prayers, Hope and Faltering Faith

Well for those who have been following. We have our house for sale, we have a contract on a larger, much newer, mostly one level home, in a great neighborhood... I want that house so bad. Our "contingency" contract expires in 13 days. We still have not had a single offer on our house. At this point we are willing to consider any reasonable offer: Translation- we need payoff and the 6% the realty agent gets. Other than that, we could really care less if we make any money. We will still need a downpayment of course, but only 3 % is needed due to the pre-approval we have(which expires at the end of August)!!!UGHH!!! Do you see our dilemma. It is either sell our house this month or we have to start all over again. Meaning- we have to redo the preapproval which involves having our credit pulled again, and going through all the paperwork again...It also means that our contract will expire on the house that we want.

At the beginning of our journey we placed our entire sale and search in God's hands. We went and looked at two houses in a neighboring city, and listed ours all within a week. We felt that God was working fast. We had TONS of showings the first week, even though we were still renovating. The showings continued at a good rate-average of 3 a week until around the end of June. Then we had NO showings within a 3 week period, no calls even, so we dropped the price. The activity started back up and we again had lots of showings.

I must admit that my faith began to waver at this point. Why were we having so many showings with no offers? I mean not even one offer!! I went to God as I often do when I am struggling with something. I asked Him where we are going to put our precious new baby when he/she arrives. I prayed and asked for His forgiveness for not trusting Him fully with this matter. I hate how the devil can weasel his way into things that often start with good intentions.. However, within a few days of my prayer, we had two more showings. Yesterday, our house was shown twice.. We should have feedback by Monday on both showings. God will handle this for Our God is so good and I often forget that!

The Plan now.. God will handle this in HIS TIME, not mine.. If we have to start the whole process over then we will when we get a contract on our house. Maybe the house that I so want, is not the house that God has for us.. So for now, we are staying put...with our house still on the market.

0 comments: