Let me just say. Thank God!! I am so glad that I work somewhere that is so pro-breastfeeding. I am able to leave and go pump during my shift as many times as needed with no questions asked. How many people get that freedom. The Lactation Center is very nice, although it is small. It is equipped with 5 seperate "stations" which include a pump, a comfy chair, and a table. There is also one private room ( which I had to use today since I left my nursing cover at home). I am so blessed because they have the Medela Lactina and Symphony pumps there for your use and also give you a nifty cubby hole to keep your "dry parts" (the parts of the pump that never touch your milk).
Although I use an Avent Isis Duo Electric pump at home( which I LOVE!!) I am using the Medela Symphony at work which does the job, but isn't nearly as comfortable as my pump. It also cannot be used as just a single pump, whereas mine can be. Also I can hook up to an 11 oz bottle onto my pump and use that same bottle for storage, but with the Medela the biggest bottle is a 5 oz, and I only have 2 of those. So after pumping I have to transfer my milk into storage bottles, which is a hassle. With the Medela pump you can buy storage bottles that hold 80mL which is almost 2.5 oz. My problem is, I pump more than that at once, so I can't pump directly into those. I would definitely suggest the Avent pump to anyone.http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/en/us/consumer/cc/_productid_SCF294_99_US_CONSUMER/Twin-electronic-breast-pump+SCF294-02 Another good thing about the Avent pump, they sell sippy cup nipples that fit the bottles as well, so you really can use this system the entire time.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
The Lactation Center at my work
Posted by Kerri at 1:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment